Monday, May 08, 2006

You GO, Girl!!

So, I'm a Grey's Anatomy junkie. I have to admit that I identify with Meredith, not because my father abandoned me (he's a great guy and we have the best relationship), not because my mother is losing her mind (not as a diagnosed Alhzeimer's patient, anyway, and she usually knows who I am on the phone) and definitely not because of Meredith's sex life ~ I don't think I've gotten as much sex in the last 15 years as Meredith has gotten in the last two seasons!!!

I identify with Meredith because deep down inside, I'm broken on some profound level. I'm never quite sure I'm good enough and I know exactly what it feels like to be lost, in every since of the word. Unlike Meredith, I've learned that there's no easy fix. You don't get to be found by someone. You have to find your own way, which is so much harder, but in the end, the best way to keep from being lost forever.

I had to share this clip from Damage Case that got uploaded onto youtube.com today because it reminded me why I love Meredith so much as well. She has something that I don't, the nerve and courage to stand up to some people and just let them have what's coming....




Since it seems the scene may have disappeared from youtube.com, I'll provide you with the dialog from the scene and you can just picture Meredith Grey (Ellem Pompeo)and Derek "McDreamy" Shepard (Patrick Dempsey) in your head.

Meredith: I never should have told you about George.
Derek: No, its fine, I'm glad I know about him, and the vet. You really get around.
Meredith: What did you just say to me?
Derek: Its unforgivable.
Meredith: I don't remember ever asking you to forgive me.
Derek: So was the knitting a phase? Who's next? Alex? 'Cause I hear he likes to sleep around too. You two have that in common.
Meredith: [she grabs him as he turns to walk off] You don't get to call me a whore. When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys and all the bars and all the obvious daddy issues, who cared, because I was done. You left me. You chose Addison. I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore.
Derek: This thing with us is finished. It's over.
Meredith: Finally.
Derek: Yea it's done.
Meredith: It is done.

No comments: