Thursday, May 04, 2006

A New Size for Denim: Extra Tight

Okay, now we're talking about men's fashion here.

So let's play random association, okay? Extra tight jeans? Canadian men in speedos.

Since I was mentioning losses of innocence the other day, let's add this one. I grew up in New England and everyone who ever spent significant time at Northern New England beaches knows one ugly fact (well at least one), Canadian men like the speedo. Now we're talking about the buff, muscular hockey playing Canadian men (I believe they summer at the lakes in Minnesota??) We're talking about the fat, hairy old Canadian men who wear the tight little speedos, sometimes in colors that are transparent when wet, and leave little if anything to the imagination. Yeah, no need to show that diagram of the male genitalia in health class, I've been to Hampton Beach!!

So here's where I'm going with the extra tight, or "skinny," jeans ~ there are some things best left to the imagination or better yet, best left a mystery altogether. I mean, the jeans look great on the five models in the New York Times, but five random guys on the street? Eeek. With that said, I don't think anyone should be forced to see me in skinny jeans either, and they won't, not in this lifetime, anyway!!

I guess, I'm just going to have to take a stand on this one (sure to be a MAJOR issue in 2008) definitely not in favor of the skinny jean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously?

You do realize the A.G.in Connecticut (which is due South of you in Western Massachusetts) got his cat an MBA and basically debunked the crap you're trying to sell.

There was actually a high ranking state employee (in your very own state) who lost his job in disgrace because he was sporting one of your bogus degrees.

What's the take home message? Move your operation out of New England, moron. That's where the consumer proactive A.G.s in the world live.

I'll just be forwarding your comment onto the Tom Reilly now. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. You can look forward to his call!!!