Friday, March 16, 2007

A Small Declaration....

I have decided to declare today BOSTON day. Not just because it is the day before Saint Patrick's Day or the day Buffalo Tom is play at SxSW or because I'm feeling a bit more snippy with my newly reddened locks or even because it's the week after Brad Delp, lead singer of Boston committed suicide. It's just becasue I can, here in my very smal domain.

Here at Snippychick, Today is BOSTON DAY!!!



Unfortunately, my plan to provide tunes, vintage Boston, of course, is one hold because Radio.Blog is unpdating their servers. (Obviously unaware of the upcoming festivities...) I will rectify the situation when they're back up and running in 42,000 and some change seconds. Seriously. They're running a countdown. (Talk about making your IT staff squirm...) You, of course, will be required to turn your speakers WAY UP. Early 80s music must be hear as it was meant to be heard. REALLY LOUD.

It's that time!!! Turn up the volume and feel the mid-80s and love the Brad Delp!



But back to the present tense and the BOSTON DAY festivities.

Okay, so there really aren't any. I've been cranking Boston on my iPod at work and I have a date tonight to go see a film at SxSW and I'm hoping to drag him over to see Buffalo Tom at the Parish afterwards. It's all kind of iffy. You know, first date. (yikes) I'm completely unsure about what I'm wearing (keep in mind I'm already dressed in what I will be wearing since I'm headed there directly from work)and still very concious of the hair color thing. I mean, I love it. We spent close to four hours getting it right, but I'm still really aware of it.

And the guy is great, but I just hate the first date thing, the whole not sparking thing drives me nuts. Perhaps the hair will do it for me??

And then the Buffalo Tom thing. I've been a fan for over a decade. LOVED Big Red Letter Day!! I'm not sure how high on my agenda going to that show is going to be. I'm a little concerned too because I downloaded some of their other stuff on iTunes last night, possibly newer stuff, and, well, it just wasn't Big Red Letter Day. Way to impress a date ~ take him to see a sucky band!!! But I'm also curious if they'll do something for Brad Delp. I kind of suspect they would, since they grew up with his music just like I did.

And I'm feeling really sad about Brad Delp. He died not knowing how many lives he had touched. I know he touched mine. I promise. This will be so much more festive with music!!!

No comments: