Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Playing with Vicodin

It's been a week since the oral surgery from hell. I've refilled my Vicodin prescription because I'm still in pain and as I have to keep reminding my mother, I have a big honking hole in the side of my mouth!!

Anyway, as the pain (FINALLY) started to ease up yesterday, one of Vicodin's lesser publicized side effects started to kick in. Urinary retention. What does that mean? It means that you really NEED to pee, but you can't.

So this got me thinking about House MD. The guy's been popping Vicodin like Tic Tacs for two and a half seasons and he hasn't run into this side effect??? That's just not right!

And as if Fox were listening to my thoughts (which they obviously aren't ~ not only have they not killed American Idol, but they continue to show it multiple nights a week??? Logic suggests that at some point we will run out of Idols ~ shouldn't we end the show before that happens???) House suddenly can't pee on last night's episode! Wait, accuracy in a medical drama? We can't have that! Yeah, the popping of three Vicodin before self insertion of the foley catheter would do no good ~ Vicodin in not an anesthetic. More likely, he would have fallen asleep on the toilet. But at least we're back to the nit picking television we depend upon.

And about popping those pills like Tic Tacs with no water?? No way! Those things are horse pills and they taste nasty!!!

No comments: